Ticks cause the spread of many dangerous diseases. These include babesiosis, Congo virus, and theileriosis.
- Take special care of cleanliness
- Take animals out of the shed and spray with a good insecticide such as amamectin, deltamethrin, permethrin or cypermethrin
- Fill holes in walls and ceilings with cement
- Dissolve lime in water and scatter it on the floor. Apply lime on the roof and walls of the animal shed 3 to 4 hours after spraying
- Also apply lime on the entry point of the animal shed
- Keep animals out of shed for 24 to 36 hours
Precautions before entry of animals in the animal shed
- All animals (except pregnant animals) must be injected with Ivermectin
- Spray Sigawan / Tegafan dissolved in water on pregnant animals
- Be sure to inspect each animal before entering. If there is any tick, first remove it and then burn it.